My Photo
    Name: Buzz the Bartender
    Location: Crime Alley Night Club
    I just tend a little bar and listening to all the criminals... I always have my ears open
    View my complete profile







Proud Member of Heroes : United [Blog/Forum]

Buzz says, "Pull up a chair. I just heard some bar-room gossip from ." Want to Read Just 's Posts?

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

The Man who killed my mother... part 2 - Reaper LAPD

[A group came in cheering… "Boys Reaper did it again. He saved the hostages without anyone getting killed and apprehended the robbers in record time." Behind the group of men Cain Reaper walked in…]


I walked in the door and found my Father, Bulma, Bra, Goten, Gohan and Goku stood staring at me….

"Father?" I said surprised that he was there.

A goofy little guy man walked over, "Reaper you going to introduce me to you visitors man."

I rolled my eyes as my squad gather around, "Spoon, Guys this is my father; Prince Vegeta, his wife; Bulma; my sister; Bra, her fiancée; Goten, his brother; Gohan, their father; Son Goku… These are the guys of my squad…"

"Your squad" Father, Gohan and Goku asked…

"Did I hear right? Did I hear that Reaper's father and family is paying us a visit today?" My Squad commander walked up and took Father's hand, "Nice to meet you sir. You must be very proud of that boy of yours. Since SHIELD got everything mucked up crime has been up 125% and steadily rising, but your boy… He has been helping us bring that down… he is the SWATS's new secret weapon against the bad guys. He is one of the finest Police officers I have ever worked with and damn ace of aces when it comes to Special Weapons and Tactics. " My squad command grinned…

"Father my Sergeant O'Niel, my squad commander." I stated…

Bra walked over and gave me a big hug and then she made a funny face, "What is this?"

She pointed at my Goatee…

Spoon walked over, "Yeah we have been trying to get him to shave that peach fuzz, maybe you can talk him in to getting rid of it…"

The Sarg chimed in, "and getting a hair cut."

"I did sir, it grew back." I smirked, "and I like my peach fuzz. I am sorry you have come all this way but I am on duty and…."

The Sergeant patted me on the back, "Check in your gear Reaper and visit with your family. You're off the clock.."

"Sir," I called to him as he walked away

"off the clock Reaper! That was an order not a suggestion!" O'Niel or Boomer as everyone calls him vanished behind desks and scurrying officers.

I looked at Vegeta and the rest of those who just stared, "Give me a second. Then I will show you the house. Karen will be please that you are here."

I checked in my gear, went to my locker and punched out for the day…

When I stepped out I could hear the group whispering…
Goten looked at me in a way that would of made my comrades think that he was the brother I spoke of often, "Dude, S.W.A.T. WOW! Is that the business you had here in LA?"

"No I came to LA to face the man who killed my mother. Shall we go." I stated

"Do you like have a badge?" Goten asked and I pulled my badge out and showed him

I took them to my apartment in LA… As I said she would be Karen was thrilled… I let Karen play hostess while I took a shower…

[While Cain took a shower… Karen brought in a box addressed to Vegeta. ]


Karen whispered, "Cain wanted so much for you to have this Vegeta but wasn't sure if you would want it or to want to hear from him…"

Karen gave him the box and Bulma nudged him… Vegeta opened the box…

Karen smiled, "it's his graduation plaque, the one he got at his graduation. He was so good they put him through a special accelerated program. He really wanted you all to be at his graduation. At first he wasn't going to go because you wouldn't be there. I literally had to drag him… "

[Cain walks out and sees everyone at the table… A doorbell rings…..]


I was coming out of the bedroom after a shower, my father had been completely quiet. The door buzzer went off and I went to the door… Trunks stood there…

"Brother…" I sighed… "Come in."

He looked at dad and seemed confused, "Dad I got your message, went to the police station and they seem to think that Cain is a cop …:"

"I am .. come on in…" Trunks just stared and I sat at the table… Goku was already digging in to what Karen had cooked…

Father looked at me… I realized they all wanted an explanation..

"I was at war with myself and the Vampire. It made me remember things. One was my mother's death as I pictured it, when they told me. I needed to see the policeman who killed her. There was time I would have gone to kill him, but this time… this time I wasn't sure what I intended. I just needed to see his face. ….."


I began to explain more…..
--- As I walked in the bar he took a quick glance at me and then looked down into his glass, "So you come here to kill me? What took you so long?" I said nothing I just walked up to him… " What are you waiting for?" he said looking up me in a drunken stoop. "You know me?" I asked… "Yeah, you’re the boy of the woman I killed many years ago." He poured himself another drink "They tell me you got kicked off because of your drinking…." I said "Look kid save the lecture, just do what you came to do…" He sneered… "As you wish…. You killed my mother…" I stated… "I want to… I wanted to face you." I took a seat beside him and ordered us both a drink. He looked at me, "I know it doesn't mean anything but if I could have that moment back, could change…. I have regretted that night …. I am so sorry." I could see as his eyes teared up, he was sincere. We talked and he told me he was after a murder that had just killed a boy and his family. Though he didn't excuses his actions, he did explain he was tired from a double shift because of so few good police officers on the force… I saw he was a good cop and that my mother's death was an accident. SO I did what I think she would have wanted and what really he and I both needed…. I forgave him.. He sobered up and we became friends. Then because of the high crime rate hi son who was a beat cop was killed in the line of duty. So I joined the force… He helped me get in and gave me a helping hand, spoke on my behalf… Because I am half Sayian I took to the training better and faster than the Humans, so I was skipped up and placed on an accelerated program… ----


I paused and looked around and then at my father, "I have something for you … If you want it."

Karen smiled as I stood, "I already gave it too him."

I paused and then told our guest that Karen and I will be marrying soon… As I walked out on the terrace I heard Karen say, "I think that is his way of asking you to attend."

Bulma winked at Bra, "Why don't we help Karen with the dishes while the men go out and … talk."

Father had already stood and was walking out to me, followed by Gohan and Trunks… Bulma and Bra nudged Goku and Goten…


Father walked up to me, I remained silent and did not speak but was bracing myself for him to knock me on my backside..... Or spit on me...

Labels: