My Photo
    Name: Buzz the Bartender
    Location: Crime Alley Night Club
    I just tend a little bar and listening to all the criminals... I always have my ears open
    View my complete profile







Proud Member of Heroes : United [Blog/Forum]

Buzz says, "Pull up a chair. I just heard some bar-room gossip from ." Want to Read Just 's Posts?

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

A close Shave

Home sweet home... I had returned with Shiara to the Excalibur.
since she has remained in the form of a cat when others are around, no on knows she is a shape shifting alien girl. Durena has mention how Shiara follows me everywhere. My little thief friend has always been quite observant. Of course Matthew took cue and began asking me if it was a spell or a piece of tuna tucked in my cloak.

Our search for a cure of the Drakh Plague still continues. After checking on the progress on board I took my ship and went to see how Vir is doing with his little rebellion on Centuri Prime. Ever since we made him aware of the secret Drakh occupation on his planet, he has been organizing ways to save Centuri.

He doesn't wish to include outsiders for fear the Alliance might finish Centuri off to get to the Drakh. With the dark past we Technomages have, I can't say i blame him. If those I called friends on board the Excalibur ever got word that the tech we use is handed down from the shadows and that our Ancestors, the technomages before us when my order was first founded were destined to be the Shadows elite army, I am not sure how they would react.

It doesn't matter that my order didn't become followers of the Shadows or that we who are a part of that order now were deceived. What would matter is the current hate and distrust of the Shadows. So I remain silent but of course Silence is one of the seven principles of our order.

After checking in with Vir I decided to return to the time frame of this Death Machine. Besides I think Shiara wants to see Justice again although she has made mention of a boy. *sigh* Young Love.

We found the Terminatrix quite quickly. I was observing her when she just laid down in the middle of an alley and went to sleep.

"What ever she is doing it isn't technical." Shiara whispered

I had Shiara in my arms, "Your technopathy can interface with her? Can it access her programs?" I had purged some of her memories and programs to have a look but it was nearly impossible because of the TX's sophistication.

She whispered up at me, "Just a vague sense. It's going to take me a long time to interface with her. She is nothing like I have seen,"She paused, "What ever she is doing, it seems biological... Mental."

"You mean Telepathic?" I asked and then She hissed
"What is it Shiara?" I asked and she jumped down transforming into a white tiger

"Shiara?" I asked again

She never took her eyes off well nothing, Shiara was staring at nothing,

Shiara finally spoke as she turned into herself, "Galen cloak yourself. There is something here. My skin can sense it, I can sense it."

Her tattoos moved under her skin surfacing like small dragons... Twisting and swirling around her skin on her clothing changing the appearance of her clothing to armor. Two of the dragons shot out from her hand and formed two black short swords with the glyphs in emerald green and a dragon head forming the hilt. It was an effect I admired to watch. Pity she wasn't a technomage, she would make a fine one. She pointed her weapons at ........ Nothing.


I spoke to the nothing, after all we knew that Shadows could be there and never be seen. Though they had gone in my time, in this time they may still be present.

" Whomever you are show yourself." I was mentally preparing a spell for a fireball, just in case.

This thing appeared, and spoke, "You should be terminated"

Shiara stepped inbetween us and it spoke to her and she fell a sleep. It stepped forward

I began to realize that this was the Death Machine which I had been watching.

She spoke directly at me, "I am too powerful, as Dreamweaver I can control your mind through your dreams and turn them into nightmares. As the terminatrix I can control your technology. I am called Sky. You will now identify yourself and where you are from."

I was not about to allow this thing, woman, machine or whatever get the best of me

I conjured Shadow skin.

It stepped forward and I was preparing my most powerful spell but as it did the Tech screamed.. I was shocked it was almost like a shadow scream but lower fainter

It hesitated. It had to retreat.

As Sky screamed, "wake" I used the opportunity to grab Shiara and leave.

On My ship I woke Shiara, "That was close. A little too close." Though my spell of destruction who have ended Sky I am sure, I couldn't be sure she wouldn't put me to sleep before I could conjure it.

"You beat her?" Shiara asked me

"No, something about me scared her. " I said

"Galen? You looked worried," She asked

"Of course, Only a fool wouldn't be. I mean what could have scared a nightmarish thing like her." I knew the answer. It is a part of me. All Technomages, we have to accept that... but still it is a troublesome thought.

I sent Shiara to spend some time with her friend and do some spying for me. We need more info on this Sky.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,





2 Sat at the bar:

Blogger Jean-Luc Picard gossips...

TX isn't very sociable, is she?

10:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous gossips...

no she is not

6:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Order another round?