My Photo
    Name: Buzz the Bartender
    Location: Crime Alley Night Club
    I just tend a little bar and listening to all the criminals... I always have my ears open
    View my complete profile







Proud Member of Heroes : United [Blog/Forum]

Buzz says, "Pull up a chair. I just heard some bar-room gossip from ." Want to Read Just 's Posts?

Monday, October 15, 2007

The Terminatrix Affair

So I have been busy with helping HS but it was time for me to to get on with my own work.

Before I returned to my time and the Excalibur, I would stop by SHIELD and see Colonel Fury.
I was sitting at his desk Shiara sitting in my lap purring as I stroked her fur. The SHIELD director walked in to his office...

"Awww Nicholas, I was wonder when you would arrive," I looked at his beaten battered face, "Does that hurt?"

He glared down at me, "Get out of my chair!"
So with a wave of my hand I vanished. He growled, "I didn't say leave! I need to speak with you about the bitch!"

I reappeared behind him, "What bitch would that be. You know I don't think ladies like being refer to as a female dog in heat."

He grumbled as he walked over to his chair, "This tin can is no Lady."

"Aww I see. The reason I visited before and the reason I visit now. Miss Sky." I stated carefully.

He pulls out a crude disk from his desk and throws it at me... I catch it and look at this thin round thing, "I will be much happier when you guys begin using Data crystals."

"We confiscated all the files Cyberdyne had during our last bout with Sky. It is all there, but the information goes two ways." He stated.

I sigh, "What is it, you wish to know Nicholas."

I watched as Shiara jumped on his desk and stared him down, Fury looked at her strangely.

"Strange I am usually allergic to cats," He says grabbing a cigar

"This is Shiara, my familiar. Now what is it you want to know?" I placed the disk in my cloak.

"Easy, HOW! DO! I! KILL! HER!" He pounded his fist in his hand with every word.

"That I do not know ...... yet. There are dome things that concern me," I removed the disk from my cloak and motioned to Shiara, "take this to the ship and download the information so I can have immediate access," She changed from a cat to her normal self causing Fury to jump up. Shiara left through one of my portals and I continued, "I have read your reports on Sky, the ones opened for review, and some that are .... shall we say not suppose to exist and YOU have underestimated the death machine. None of you realizes her potential or how dangerous she can be."

I paused as I begin to received the data, "Yes, from what I can see verifies my worse fear. What you have seen isn't a splinter of what she can do. You are all lucky. She was damage and her time with this Magneto has retard her, but its temporary. Which is why I am even more concerned about this incident I have heard about."

"You mean Starks little attempt to bring her in?" Fury's attention was captured...

I nodded, "Anthony Stark used his ability to control her mechanical mechanisms, " I stepped into his desk light and used my facial expressions to emphasis what I would say next, "that was a foolish and stupid thing to do."

"Why?" Fury asked intrigued and following my words....

"Because she has the biological ability to evolve and adapt. Because she is stronger than he realizes, because she can control machines too." I shook my head as I paced back and forth, "She is learning, every time she is exposed to any threat, she learns, she evolves, she adapts and she gets stronger!"

"Like those Damned Sayians." Fury spat.

I turned and faced Fury, "She has it within her the ability to control Starks armor as well as this techno virus."

"Extremis?" Fury sat up straight

I nodded, "She will cocoon and come out more powerful. She will become resistant to it and she will learn how to use it to better her abilities. The next time in fact, It will not help Anthony. You have on record what happened when Cyberdyne nearly killed her. She adsorbed Dr Basil. Anthony is setting himself up to be absorbed as well. So many on your world are worried about small time criminals or even surprisingly I have heard one theory that Stark is the biggest threat of the world, " I leaned in again speaking softly, "He may have a great deal of potential but if you were to ask the magic mirror, it"

"Would say sky, You are preaching to the choir Mr Wizard." Fury stated, "I know this bitch is powerful and that she won't be easy to bring down but she needs to be brought down."

Fury poured himself a drink and I continued, "On top of it all, I hear she has made an ally out of the Stark boy."

"He is convinced she is alive, partly human and that there is good in her." Fury stated, "I think we know better."

I shook my head, "Don't make a mistake Nicholas, give credit where credit is due. The boy is right she is alive and she is partly a mutant human. Which is why I don't envy your task, but I suggest you consider this. If Stark is such a potential threat what is Tony Stark with Sky at his side?"

"What do you mean my task? Don't you mean our?" Fury looked at me over his whiskey glass

"My order has a strict, non-interference policy, I can advise you, if you will listen. I will also help when and where I can but in the end, it will be you who will have to choose to kill an innocent to stop a monster." I sighed.

He slammed his glass down, "What!?! WHAT DO YOU MEAN!"

"I have studies most the files you gave me, the incidents that took place recently and ....... " my voice softened, "and part of Dr Basil lives... In my time, Nicholas, about 10 years ago there was a immortal race. They were one of what is called the first ones and because they're name is to hard to pronounce had come to be known as ....... "
I let our a ragged breath, "The Shadows. They were highly advanced especially in bio-mechanics, living technology." I turned to Fury my eyes a blazing my teeth grinding, "They used life to create it, to fuel it and to.... They used people, living things, living tissue to construct it which killed the person and then they plug people or creatures into the machines to fuel it. In their great machine that had hundreds of people from various races...... Even 10 years later, 10 years after the war, 10 years since they have been gone, the people used to fuel their ships are still in stasis, waiting for us to find a way to undo what was done. There may never be a way. I am telling you this because in a sense this is what has happened to Dr Basil. She is a slave to a machine, she fuels it and ... I know there is no way to separate her form it, neither Sky or Dr Basil can live without the other. The Dr can from time to time reassert herself, but only for moments. I do not know how or why but the Stark boy is drawing this part out more and more. If you kill Sky, you will kill what is left of Dr Basil, if you don't well...It is a no win situation."

"The boy tried to convince us that Sky has changed, that she was being good now." Fury scratched his chin

"Oh really." I stated my eyes widened...

Fury sat back and puffed his cigar, "You don't believe it."

"Nicholas, During a nice day a scorpion looked around, he was hungry and there was no food left. So he went in search for food. He happened upon a river that was wide and swift, and the scorpion stopped to reconsider the situation. He couldn't see any way across. So he ran upriver and then checked downriver, all the while thinking that he might have to turn back with an empty belly. Suddenly, he saw a frog and the frog looked hungry too. Over across the river was a grand surplus of food. 'Hellooo Mr. Frog!' called the scorpion, "Would you be so kind as to give me a ride on your back across the river?'"

I paused and then continued, " 'Well now, Mr. Scorpion! How do I know that if I try to help you, you wont try to kill me?' asked the frog hesitantly.'Because,' the scorpion replied, 'If I try to kill you, then I would die too, for you see I cannot swim!' Now this seemed to make sense to the frog.' So the frog agreed to take the scorpion across the river. He swam over to the bank and settled himself near the mud to pick up his passenger. The scorpion crawled onto the frog's back, his sharp claws prickling into the frog's soft hide, and the frog slid into the river. The muddy water swirled around them, but the frog stayed near the surface so the scorpion would not drown. He kicked strongly through the first half of the stream, his flippers paddling wildly against the current. Halfway across the river, the frog suddenly felt a sharp sting in his back and, out of the corner of his eye, saw the scorpion remove his stinger from the frog's back. A deadening numbness began to creep into his limbs. 'You fool!' croaked the frog, 'Now we shall both die! Why on earth did you do that?' The scorpion shrugged, 'I could not help myself, " I sunk back into the shadows disappearing with the last words, "Its my Nature......"

Labels: , , , , , , , ,





1 Sat at the bar:

Blogger Jean-Luc Picard gossips...

I know the 'Scorpion' story that Chakotay tells Janeway.

12:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Order another round?