My Photo
    Name: Buzz the Bartender
    Location: Crime Alley Night Club
    I just tend a little bar and listening to all the criminals... I always have my ears open
    View my complete profile







Proud Member of Heroes : United [Blog/Forum]

Buzz says, "Pull up a chair. I just heard some bar-room gossip from ." Want to Read Just 's Posts?

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

The Gift

Dragonballs? Ressurecting the dead... Foolish fairy tales... I was think as I flew off...
I was sure where I was going... I was just flying. I am not sure for how long I was flying then I heard her voice... "Cain...." It was karen but it was soft like the howling of the wind... At first I thought that is what it was... Bah! the wind even taunts me... "Cain..." The second time I knew it wasnt the wind it was her... of course there had been a mistake she wasnt dead.. she wasnt ...

I stopped flying looking around.. "Cain." I looked in alley-ways and up and down streets... "Cain."
I turned I was standing in front of a Net-Cafe... All the tables had computers attached to them and loads of people drinking coffee and surfing the internet... I was just about to turn away when I saw her ghostl image in one of the computer screens...

"Cain." The guy in front of him jumped and I pulled him away from the table... Her image slowly disappeared... I placed my hand on the screen..


"Cain." she appeared again and then was gone, like the the last flash of a light buld... "KAREN!" I screamed as I fell to the table my head resting on the screen.. The manager of the place came over... "I am sorry but this computer is being used, if your interested in renting one you will have to wait in the Q." I then caught a glimps... It was an online newspaper... The man sitting here before had been reading current events... There was an article about Karen's murder and a statement from the police chief... I clicked the link bringing up the article... "Sir! SIR! You can not use these computers without paying first and you can not use this one..." The short guy beside me bellowed.... I began to read...


[At the door Gohan dressed as the Sayian man enters... He sees a man, the manager and another man a customer yelling at Cain... He hears Cain mummble under his breath... "Gohan was right.. but who is this other Son Goku why did he kill Karen? I do not know him.. or do I? Maybe a family member or friend of someone I killed? If that is true. then... then I am as responsible for her death...." He watches Cain throw money at the two men, lots of it and stumble in a grieving stubor away... Gohan realizes that in another time, Cain would have killed these two men. Karen was wrong... Cain will not change, he is changing... Cain leaves through another door and Gohan follows]



I returned to my apartment, I was regretting returning here. I went straight to training the faces of everyone I had killed flooded my head... WHo was this Man who killed Karen and why?
I realized there was only one who could answer my questions...

Just then the doorbell rang.. At first I had hoped it was the police coming to tell me that it was all a mistake but I knew better... As I opened the door I was handed a box... It was from Vegeta, my father. This was certainly a surprise... I sat the box on the coffee table and opened it... I stumbled and needed to sit but missed the chair and landed on the floor...

I removed the armor from the box.. There was no note, but there didnt have to be.. I clutched it to my chest and sat there for sometime.

I went to the bedroom and put it on... I stood looking in the mirror as a moment I was happy, that is until I realize I could not share this moment with Karen...

I left to speak with this Son Goku, I needed answers and it was time to tie up some loose threads... For Karen...

I went to the Jail where they was keeping him and fired a blast at the wall... I walked in the jail...


"Why?" I said as I looked at Karen's killer

"Who are you?" he stuttard

"The woman you killed her name was Karen."

"You are her husband?" He asked

"As far as I am concened yes... Now why?" I asked

"You came to kill me didnt you? but I am innocent! I didnt kill anyone! Oh please dont kill me." The worm groveled and beg for his life...

I saw Gohan's shadow, "He didnt do it Cabain, but I know who did. Promise me you hand him over to the police and I will help you find him." he looked at me and the armor I wore.

I shook my head no, "No, he dies but after I will allow you to take me in to the authorities, for his death and all the others..."

I flew away and Gohan followed, "No one has any proof. "

I looked over my shoulder, "no but they will get a confession."

"I guess there is some good in you after all." Gohan said I turned to face him quickly, "No there isn't. It is to honor Karen, nothing more nothing less."

"You know brother I will not let you kill her killer." He said and I ignored him not responding even to him calling me brother.

"How do you know about her killer?" I asked

"Karen's ghost visited me." He said and I stopped to face him again.


"Karen... her ghost..." I said

"I was debating whether I should tell you, but yes. I also know why." he continued...

I grabbed him shaking him a bit, "Was it because of someone I have killed?"

"NO Cabain, he is one of ... he works for the Black Plague."

I released him and flew to the ground sitting on a rock...



"Of course it makes since. I can not kill Victor. I ... I owe him. However, I will not protect him any longer." I flew off..

"What does that mean?" Gohan asked and I aswered, "When I give my confession I will also answer the police's questions... All of them and I know already what some of them will be."

Labels: